For centuries shark liver oil has been a therapy used by Scandinavian fishermen. It was used topically to heal wounds and cuts, as well as taken orally as a remedy against illness and disease.
What Are Alkylglycerols?
Alkylglycerols, or AKG’s are a family of compounds that are essential in stimulating the body’s immune system. They are found in significant amounts in human breast milk, the liver, spleen and bone marrow. Alkylglycerols are active substances that give breast fed babies crucial protection against infections until their own immune systems are fully developed.
Over 45 Years of Clinical Research and Studies
The healing effects of Alkylglycerols on the tissues of the body have been confirmed over the last 45 years by extensive clinical and laboratory research. In 1952 a young Swedish doctor, Astrid Brohult, M.D., discovered that the marrow from bovine bone given to children with leukemia, stimulated their white blood cell production. It was later shown that the stimulating factor was a group of substances know as Alkylglycerols.
ALKYROL® is effective in the following:
* immuno-stimulating properties
* enhancement of production of leucocytes, erythrocytes and thrombocytes
* promotion of healthy cells after damage caused by radiation therapy
* reduction in the drop of leucocytes usually seen along with chemotherapy and radiation therapy
* bacteriostatic effect on various species of bacteria, anti-viral effect and inhibitory effect on fungi
* improvement of slow-healing wounds tumor-inhibiting activity
* elimination of accumulated heavy metals, pesticides and toxins
Alkylglycerols, the Benefits!
* Alkylglycerols aid in improving the body’s immune defense system.
* Researchers are looking into the possible effects alkylglycerols may have as a complementary support with traditional cancer therapies.
* Alkylglycerols reduce the side effects related to chemotherapy and radiation treatment, such as a drop in white blood cells.
* Alkylglycerols minimize colds, flu, and chronic infections
* Alkylglycerols enhance wound healing and improve inflammatory conditions such as asthma, psoriasis and arthritis.
* Alkylglycerols bind heavy metals in the body such as mercury, pesticides and toxins, eliminating them through excretion.
Sharks & Immunity
Scientists have been studying sharks and their relationship to the immune system for over 70 years. Virtually all species of sharks are known to have an extraordinary resistance to infections and growth of tumors. In 25 years of marine biology research, the Smithsonian Institute found only one malignant tumor in over 25,000 individual sharks that they studied.
Shark cartilage vs. Shark liver oil
For some time it was thought that the shark’s immunity was associated to its cartilage. However, scientists have proven that it is the oil from the shark’s liver, not the cartilage that contains the Alkylglycerols, which is largely responsible for its incredible immunity. It was also discovered that liver oil from certain deep and cold water sharks, in particular the Greenland Shark, is exceptionally rich in Alkylglycerols.
The Greenland Shark
The Greenland Shark, also known as the Sleeper Shark, or Somniosus Microcephalus, swims in the Artic waters of the northern Atlantic Ocean at depths of three to four thousand feet. The liver of the Greenland Shark accounts for up to one-third of the shark’s size and weight, and can yield up to 100 gallons of oil, containing over 30+% Alkylglycerols within the oil.